The DAI-Labor (Distributed Artificial Intelligence Laboratories) and the Agent Technologies chair of the “Technische Universität Berlin” under the leadership of Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil. Dr. h.c. Sahin Albayrak are involved in research and development in the area of smart systems and smart services since 1992. More than 130 employees make the DAI-Labor one of the largest research institutes in the area of smart systems.
The Competence Center “Information Retrieval & Machine Learning” (CC IRML) is one of six competence centers at the DAI Labor and works on intelligent information processing. The Information Retrieval and Machine Learning Group is looking for an experienced post-doc to lead the research group focusing on data analysis and machine learning.
The position is full time and paid according to TV-L E-13 / E-14 funding scale.
- Leading a team of students and doctoral candidates,
- Giving lectures,
- Management of third-party funded projects,
- Contact to external project partners
- Preparation of further research proposals
- PhD in computer science or equivalent
- Knowledge of ML and AI research and common programming languagesExperience in ML and AI research or practical application of it
- Knowledge of dialogue systems (Cognitive Conversation)
- Agile Software Development and Project Management
- Experience in the application of Data Analytics Engines (SPARK, Hadoop), Knowledge Engine, Semantic Search Engine
- Experience in project acquisition and management skills are a plus
- We expect motivation, creativity, flexibility, and especially team spirit and the desire for knowledge
Speaking fluent German and English
- Exciting topics and a vibrant environment
- Excellent state‐of‐the‐art infrastructure with access to new and emerging technologies (high performance computing, GPU clusters)
- Data sets (e.g. from the Diginet-PS test track, medical data sets, dialog systems)
- Close collaboration with national and international partners from renowned research institutes, universities and industry
We request those who are interested to apply, sending in your representative application documents to:
Technische Universität Berlin / DAI-Labor
Fakultät IV für Elektrotechnik und Informatik
Sekretariat TEL 14
By submitting your application via email you consent to having your data electronically processed and saved. Please note that we do not provide a guaranty for the protection of your personal data when submitted as unprotected file. Please find our data protection notice acc. DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation) at TU website quick access 214041.
To ensure equal opportunities between women and men, applications by women with the required qualifications are explicitly desired. Qualified individuals with disabilities will be favored. The TU Berlin values the diversity of its members and is committed to the goals of equal opportunities.