The DAI Laboratory of the Technical University Berlin is looking for a student assistant (m/f/x) for an interdisciplinary working group, the application center “Smart Energy Systems”. In this center, the activities of the different competence centers of the DAI-Labor are bundled to provide solutions in the energy system. The research will be conducted into the extent to which digitization and artificial intelligence can meet the new challenges of the energy transition. The position involves working on the project “ElMobileBerlin – NEUE BERLINER LUFT”. Part of the project is to analyze the effects of charging infrastructure usage on local grid situations (voltage quality) and aims to develop a guideline for dimensioning local connection capacities and power requirements for given numbers of charging points within a defined grid topology or customer installation. In addition, studies are being conducted on the interaction between decentralized renewable energy systems and e-vehicles in order to increase renewable energy usage.
- Support in conducting power system stability simulations (30%),
- Support in Further development of the Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Simulator Front-End and Back-End (30%),
- Support in load profile generation through Generative adversarial network (GAN) (20%),
- Take part in the elaboration of project deliverables and reports (20%),
- Opportunity to do a thesis in the field of AI and energy or mobility systems.
- Knowledge of concepts, methods and technologies in the areas of AI and machine learning, IoT and distributed systems (multi-agent systems, …).
- Strong programming skills with a focus on the modeling, simulation, and optimization of energy or mobility processes (ideally in Python) and front-end development (ideally react framework).
- Domain knowledge in energy systems or mobility is desirable.
- Good to very good knowledge of German and English, both written and spoken.
We request those who are interested to apply, sending in your representative application documents to:
M.Sc. Izgh Hadachi
Technische Universität Berlin / DAI-Labor
Fakultät IV für Elektrotechnik und Informatik
Sekretariat TEL 14
By submitting your application via email you consent to having your data electronically processed and saved. Please note that we do not provide a guaranty for the protection of your personal data when submitted as unprotected file. Please find our data protection notice acc. DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation) at TU website quick access 214041.
To ensure equal opportunities between women and men, applications by women with the required qualifications are explicitly desired. Qualified individuals with disabilities will be favored. The TU Berlin values the diversity of its members and is committed to the goals of equal opportunities.