The associated institute GT-ARC of Technische Universität Berlin is looking for a research assistant (m/f/d) for the collaboration in the research project “Open Innovation Lab AI”, funded by BMAS (Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales) for the provisioning of a software suite for developing AI applications serving the common welfare. The goal of GT-ARC is to pursue research in the field of information and communication technologies in cooperation with other research groups and industry partners.
The goal of the project is to support different actors (individuals, teams, organizations) in the development of AI applications serving the common welfare means of workshops and colloquia for konwledge transfer as well as the development of a comprehensive set of software libraries and tools.
Besides general collaboration in all parts of the project, the focus of the the here advertised position is the design and implementation of a platform forming the basis of an ecosystem for AI applications for serving the common welfare.
- Collaboration in a practice-oriented research project for simplifying the development of AI applications serving the common welfare
- Design and implementation of a distributed platform (incl. user interfaces, tools, runtime environment, directory services, etc.) for the development and execution of distributed AI applications serving the common welfare
- Supervision of M.Sc. & B.Sc. Theses at TU Berlin about project topics
- Possibility for further qualification promotion (PhD)
- Access to cutting-edge topics in a fully digitized, attractive research environment and real-world laboratory
- Possibility to conduct user studies and interview, as well as organization of workshops and talks concerning research and evaluation of the developed methods
- Successfully completed university degree (master, diploma, or equivalent) in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or a related field
- Prior experience of work in research projects is highly beneficial
- Good skill of abstraction, modelling, and finding creative solutions
- Experience in design and integration of large systems, coordination of large development teams, integration testing, container technologies and virtualisation
- Experiences in UX, AAA, security and beneficial
- Experiences in artificial intelligence and multi-agent systems
- Experience in software engineering and agile methods of software development, version control, issue management, software testing, etc.
- Very good programming skills, in particular in Java and possibly other languages
- Good command of German and English
We request those who are interested to apply, sending in your representative application documents to:
Technische Universität Berlin / DAI-Labor
Fakultät IV für Elektrotechnik und Informatik
Sekretariat TEL 14
By submitting your application via email you consent to having your data electronically processed and saved. Please note that we do not provide a guaranty for the protection of your personal data when submitted as unprotected file. Please find our data protection notice acc. DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation) at TU website quick access 214041.
To ensure equal opportunities between women and men, applications by women with the required qualifications are explicitly desired. Qualified individuals with disabilities will be favored. The TU Berlin values the diversity of its members and is committed to the goals of equal opportunities.