The affiliated institute of the Technische Universität Berlin – GT-ARC – is looking for a Research Assistant (m/f/x) to work on a flagship project BeIntelli on the application of artificial intelligence (AI) for the mobility of the future. Technological innovations for researching, developing and testing new ideas and AI-based approaches will be implemented within the framework of a holistic approach to mobility, from autonomous and connected driving, autonomous local public transport to automated last-mile logistics solutions and intermodal applications. The mobility scenarios are validated by autonomous test vehicles (cars, buses, vans, delivery robots) and new cooperative, connected and autonomous mobility scenarios on the test field in the center of Berlin.
- Work on the flagship project BeIntelli a showcase project for the development of novel IT architectures and applications for the mobility of the future
- Contribute to the design and implementation of interconnected software stacks for the vehicle, edge and cloud
- Solve scientific and technical challenges to model and implement mobility solutions, such as GLOSA, Smart & Valet Parking, Last Mile Delivery
- Supervision of M.Sc. & B.Sc. theses at the TU Berlin on the project topics
- Possibility to do a PhD
- Access to an attractive research environment and a testbed infrastructure in the city center
- Successfully completed academic university studies (Master’s degree, diploma or equivalent) in computer science, electrical engineering or comparable subject area
- Knowledge of concepts, methods and technologies in the areas of autonomous driving/robotics, distributed systems, AI/machine learning, optimization or system design
- Strong programming skills, especially Python
- Experience with container technologies, software engineering & DevOps (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, …), Robot Operating System (ROS), simulators for mobility (SUMO, CARLA) is an advantage
- Good abstraction skills, modeling and finding creative solutions
- Previous experience in academic/industrial collaborative projects is an advantage
- Very good knowledge of English and good knowledge of German; willingness to learn the respective missing language skills
We request those who are interested to apply, sending in your representative application documents to:
Technische Universität Berlin / DAI-Labor
Fakultät IV für Elektrotechnik und Informatik
Sekretariat TEL 14
By submitting your application via email you consent to having your data electronically processed and saved. Please note that we do not provide a guaranty for the protection of your personal data when submitted as unprotected file. Please find our data protection notice acc. DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation) at TU website quick access 214041.
To ensure equal opportunities between women and men, applications by women with the required qualifications are explicitly desired. Qualified individuals with disabilities will be favored. The TU Berlin values the diversity of its members and is committed to the goals of equal opportunities.