Join our team and research on complex distributed software systems. Special focus will be on the efficient integration of AI components into larger agent-based ecosystems, the intelligent distribution of loads across connected inhomogeneous computing capacities, and the development of AI platforms for various specialized domains such as medical imaging.
We are looking for a Research Associate (m/f/d) for the innovation project EMPAIA (Ecosystem for Pathology Diagnostics with AI Assistance), a BMWK-funded project to establish a platform for the secure use of AI solutions in image-based pathology. The development and integration of various web services for the management of data and AI applications is the focus of the position applied for here.
Under the leadership of Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil. Dr. h.c. Sahin Albayrak, we have been conducting research at the DAI lab and the AOT department since 1992 with the goal of developing and communicating technologies for a new generation of services and distributed systems. To this end, we conduct innovative research and development projects with well-known companies.
Our international team, the diverse projects and the modern infrastructure available for them provide the ideal environment for you to pursue a PhD, contribute your ideas and strive for scientific excellence. We look forward to receiving your detailed application.
- Collaborate on the EMPAIA project to develop a platform for the application of AI algorithms to medical image data.
- Development and integration of a decentralized platform for creating, managing, visualizing and logging clinical data, AI applications, and their results
- Contributions to scientific conferences and workshops, supervision of bachelor and master theses
- Opportunity for further qualification and doctorate (Dr. / Ph.D.)
- Successfully completed university degree (Master, Diploma or equivalent) in computer science, computer engineering, physics, mathematics or a related field
- Knowledge of the concepts, methods, and technologies in the fields of software development (agile and test driven development, quality aspects, version control)
- Knowledge of web service development and corresponding frameworks (HTTP, REST, JSON, FastAPI, …), databases (MongoDB and/or SQL), authentication, logging, etc.
- Good programming skills in Python or Java
- Excellent command of German and English, both written and spoken
We request those who are interested to apply, sending in your representative application documents to:
Dr.-Ing. Tobias Küster
Technische Universität Berlin / DAI-Labor
Fakultät IV für Elektrotechnik und Informatik
Sekretariat TEL 14
By submitting your application via email you consent to having your data electronically processed and saved. Please note that we do not provide a guaranty for the protection of your personal data when submitted as unprotected file. Please find our data protection notice acc. DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation) at TU website quick access 214041.
To ensure equal opportunities between women and men, applications by women with the required qualifications are explicitly desired. Qualified individuals with disabilities will be favored. The TU Berlin values the diversity of its members and is committed to the goals of equal opportunities.