The Distributed Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (DAI-Labor) und das German-Turkish Advanced Research Centre for ICT (GT-ARTC) and the Technische Universität Berlin are looking for a scientist with a Ph.D. as research director. The advertised postdoctoral position is in the area of future communication systems.
The selected candidate for the position should have a strong scientific background and be able to apply this in the design and development of novel AI-driven communication solutions for various application domains.
- Scientific group management for a team of up to ten researchers / students
- Development of a research and publication concept for the research group
- Co-supervision of Ph.D. and M.Sc. theses
- Independent teaching of classes relevant to the position’s subject area
- Project acquisition and project management
- Ph.D. degree in computer science or a related field with strong publication record
- Excellent achievements in research in the areas of virtualized and programmable networks, AI-based network management, mobile edge computing, as well as communication solutions in the areas of autonomous driving, smart grids or eHealth, proven by research projects and publications
- Experience in teaching and supervising/leading students
- Experience in acquisition and management of research projects
We offer a research environment with the latest technologies, such as a digitalized road with ITS-G5 and 5G network deployment, and a Future Communication Testbed with cutting-edge communication network infrastructure as a platform for research, validation and demonstration of research results. Components currently in use are a lightweight 5G Core Network, an SDN-based flexible transport network, a mobile edge computing infrastructure, and an AI-driven network service orchestrator. The candidate is expected to expand the infrastructure according to his research focus, in close cooperation with renowned universities and industry partners.
We request those who are interested to apply, sending in your representative application documents to:
Technische Universität Berlin / DAI-Labor
Fakultät IV für Elektrotechnik und Informatik
Sekretariat TEL 14
By submitting your application via email you consent to having your data electronically processed and saved. Please note that we do not provide a guaranty for the protection of your personal data when submitted as unprotected file. Please find our data protection notice acc. DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation) at TU website quick access 214041.
To ensure equal opportunities between women and men, applications by women with the required qualifications are explicitly desired. Qualified individuals with disabilities will be favored. The TU Berlin values the diversity of its members and is committed to the goals of equal opportunities.