The DAI Laboratory (Distributed Artificial Intelligence Laboratory) at the Technical University of Berlin and the German-Turkish Research Centre for ICT (GT-ARC) are looking for a research assistant to support the development of autonomous and intelligent cyber security solutions that are capable of implementing self-protection for IT infrastructures. Within the framework of the BMBF-funded Cosy research project, approaches are being developed that are able to predict threats to IT infrastructures. Using reinforcement learning, an agent is being developed that predicts what the most promising sequence of attack actions is in order to reach an attack target. We offer access to an attractive research environment with state-of-the-art infrastructure and access to new and emerging technologies (High Performance Computing, GPU Cluster) and a testbed infrastructure in the city centre. Our close cooperation with renowned universities, research institutes and industry offers optimal conditions for first-class research work. Within the framework of the project, there is the possibility of carrying out a doctorate and it is expected that scientific publications are regularly produced on the project/doctorate progress.
The advertised position is a full-time (part-time possible) position and is remunerated according to the TV-L E-13 pay scale.
- Development of a threat prediction approach in the framework of the Cosy project
- Scientific work including publication of research results
- Supervision of students participating in research projects as well as final and seminar papers
- Successfully completed academic university studies (Master’s degree, diploma or equivalent) in computer science, computer science or comparable subject area
- Excellent knowledge in the areas of cyber security with a focus on penetration testing, intrusion detection, attack graphs or risk management
- Very good knowledge of reinforcement learning
- Basic knowledge of Mitre ATT&CK and attack patterns in general
- Very good communication and teamwork skills
- For the practical work projects, very good knowledge of the following technologies and practices is expected:
o Java and optionally Typescript and Python
o Docker and Kubernetes
o Agile software development
- Very good knowledge of English or very good knowledge of German; willingness to learn the respective missing language skills
We request those who are interested to apply, sending in your representative application documents to:
Technische Universität Berlin / DAI-Labor
Fakultät IV für Elektrotechnik und Informatik
Sekretariat TEL 14
By submitting your application via email you consent to having your data electronically processed and saved. Please note that we do not provide a guaranty for the protection of your personal data when submitted as unprotected file. Please find our data protection notice acc. DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation) at TU website quick access 214041.
To ensure equal opportunities between women and men, applications by women with the required qualifications are explicitly desired. Qualified individuals with disabilities will be favored. The TU Berlin values the diversity of its members and is committed to the goals of equal opportunities.