Under the reserve that funds are granted – part-time employment may be possible
The DAI-Labor of the Technische Universität Berlin is looking for a Research Assistant (m/f/x) to work on a flagship project on the application of artificial intelligence (AI) for the mobility of the future. Technological innovations for researching, developing and testing new ideas and AI-based approaches will be implemented within the framework of a holistic approach to mobility, from autonomous and connected driving, autonomous local public transport to automated last-mile logistics solutions and intermodal applications. The mobility scenarios are validated by autonomous test vehicles (cars, buses, vans, delivery robots) and new mobility scenarios on the DIGINET test field in real operation.
- Work on a showcase project for the development of novel IT architectures and applications for the mobility of the future
- Development of a scalable software stack with focus on the AI platform and AI middleware levels for the implementation of automated driving in urban areas
- Contribute to the design and implementation of interconnected software stacks for the vehicle, EDGE and cloud.
- Solve scientific and technical challenges such as scalable device integration, sensor data fusion, service development and provisioning, service linkage, planning and optimisation for automated and connected mobility scenarios
- Contribute to the design and implementation of tools for the development and deployment of distributed services and applications.
- Supervision of M.Sc. & B.Sc. theses at the TU Berlin on the project topics
- Possibility to do a PhD
- Access to an attractive research environment and a testbed infrastructure in the city centre
- Successfully completed university degree (Master, Diplom or equivalent) in computer science, electrical engineering or comparable subject area
- Knowledge of concepts, methods and technologies in the areas of IoT, distributed systems (multi-agent systems, …), AI and system design
- Strong programming skills, especially Java and Python
- Experience with container technologies (Kubernetes/OpenShift, …)
- Experience in software engineering and agile software development methods
- Good abstraction skills, modelling and finding creative solutions
- Previous experience in academic/industrial collaborative projects is an advantage
- Very good knowledge of English and good knowledge of German; willingness to learn the respective missing language skills
We request those who are interested to apply, sending in your representative application documents to:
Technische Universität Berlin / DAI-Labor
Fakultät IV für Elektrotechnik und Informatik
Sekretariat TEL 14
By submitting your application via email you consent to having your data electronically processed and saved. Please note that we do not provide a guaranty for the protection of your personal data when submitted as unprotected file. Please find our data protection notice acc. DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation) at TU website quick access 214041.
To ensure equal opportunities between women and men, applications by women with the required qualifications are explicitly desired. Qualified individuals with disabilities will be favored. The TU Berlin values the diversity of its members and is committed to the goals of equal opportunities.