Become a part of our NLP team and research exciting future topics at the union of natural language processing, knowledge management and machine learning.
We are looking for a Research Associate (m/f/d) for an innovation project in the area of Cognitive Dialogue Systems (Chatbots). Foci are language models (transformers), robust text matching, methods for semantic knowledge representation, methods for knowledge extraction from texts, text generation as well as optimization methods based on user feedback.
Under the leadership of Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil. Dr. h.c. Sahin Albayrak, we have been conducting research at the DAI lab and the AOT department since 1992 with the goal of developing and communicating technologies for a new generation of services and distributed systems. To this end, we conduct innovative research and development projects with well-known companies.
Our international team, diverse projects and the modern infrastructure provide the ideal environment for you to pursue a PhD, contribute your ideas and strive for scientific excellence.
We look forward to receiving your detailed application.
- Research in the field of cognitive dialog systems
- Development and evaluation of prototypes in cooperation with industry partners
- Management of cooperation projects with industry partners
- Contribution to scientific conferences and workshops
- Successfully completed academic university studies (Master’s degree, diploma or equivalent) in computer science or comparable subject area
- Solid knowledge of methods of automatic text analysis as well as current methods of computational linguistics (NLP) and in the field of machine learning
- Knowledge of dialog systems, semantic knowledge processing, recommendation systems as well as text retrieval methods is a plus
- Good programming skills in Java, confident handling of developer tools, Unix systems and container technologies (such as Docker)
- Very good German language skills (evaluation of language models for German texts, ability to communicate with partners in German)
We request those who are interested to apply, sending in your representative application documents to:
Dr.-Ing. Andreas Lommatzsch
Technische Universität Berlin / DAI-Labor
Fakultät IV für Elektrotechnik und Informatik
Sekretariat TEL 14
By submitting your application via email you consent to having your data electronically processed and saved. Please note that we do not provide a guaranty for the protection of your personal data when submitted as unprotected file. Please find our data protection notice acc. DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation) at TU website quick access 214041.
To ensure equal opportunities between women and men, applications by women with the required qualifications are explicitly desired. Qualified individuals with disabilities will be favored. The TU Berlin values the diversity of its members and is committed to the goals of equal opportunities.